Tuesday 9 September 2014

Love from NYC :: A constant in every season.

Good morning my lovely friends :) I'm sending love to you from New York City! Happy Tuesday for the Aussies and happy Monday to us here in the northern hemisphere... I am writing this post from the bedroom of my beautiful first floor apartment, red geraniums are smiling at me on the balcony as I look down to the tree-lined street below. Here's me watering them the other morning...
So... I have travelled quite a distance since my last blog. After Vancouver I boarded The Canadian train for a three day journey across Canada to Toronto. Oh my gosh, what an amazing experience it was. Sailing through the Rockies, past gorgeous fields and prairies, and just having some time to reflect on a busy but wonderful past month travelling through Alaska and Canada. And now here I am in my beloved NYC! I arrived last Thursday afternoon and am still pinching myself that I am here. Hello NY Public Library :)
And here's my beautiful street...
I chuckled to myself as I powered up Park Avenue through the crowd the other day, two overflowing Wholefoods paper grocery bags in hand, overtaking people at lightening speed and feeling completely like a local! Hey, when in Rome... 
Here's the view from my apartment at night... very inspiring I think :)
Washington Square Park on a balmy night... 
Such a great atmosphere with street performers everywhere...
So I'm here and it's wonderful, but as with any new season, mixed emotions often follow along. Over the past four days I have been overwhelmed with joy and excitement that I am finally back here in this city I love, but I have also found myself faced with fear and uncertainty. Being a very organised person, I like things to be in order and planned out, but when you're in a new city, out of your comfort zone, with nothing familiar around you, this is sometimes not as easy to do as it may be back home. :) So I've had to shift things around a little bit and reassess. This morning (after a restless sleep due to a silly migraine) I spent the morning just reading my bible and sitting in God's presence. Ah, it was honestly like water to my soul. 
His presence is everything. What a gift hey. When the busyness and craziness of life is whirling around us, we can feel so out of control, but the wonderful thing is that no matter how far off course we might spin, he is always right there waiting for us. And his presence is a breath of fresh air. It's a constant and sure thing in our lives and it never, ever changes. 
Are you in a new season? Or feeling like you are in transition? Or maybe you have just been in this season for such a long time you are not sure what to do next? Well, whatever you are facing, let's both be encouraged... as we navigate new territory, journeying this day set before us, let's be aware that we are pioneering a brave and new path. My friends, we are doing a great job and all of heaven is cheering us on. We are not alone in this... So today, know that you are loved by me and that I am cheering you on in whatever season you are in! < Insert big group hug here! > Here's me sending you love from my little home in New York :) xxxxx
My heart for this blog is to build a community of friends near and far, who can encourage each other and cheer one another on as we dare to chase the things in our hearts. So if you have some encouragement to share, feel free to send it our way. What greatness is ahead of us! I love you all and am sending you a big hug today from NYC :)

Have an amazing day my friend.

Nat xoxo

All images by Natalie Box

PS  - And a HUGE shout out to my dear friend Louise! Happy happy birthday babe!!

PPS -  And this is me looking like a local heading out of my apartment the other night ha ha...



2 comments:

  1. Your beautiful heart is oh-so inspiring and I can totally relate to that season of uncertainty. I was reminded this morning in my early morning quiet time of that beautiful verse in Philippians 'being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.' He's got this dream of yours, remember it was His plan before it was yours and it was created by the Almighty! It will not return void and he will see it to completion :)

    Now if I can just trust those beautiful promises myself - easier said then done hey? Let's go friend - keep dreaming big! Keep believing! Most importantly remember that you are in that city for 'such a time as this' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful heart is oh-so inspiring and I can totally relate to that season of uncertainty. I was reminded this morning in my early morning quiet time of that beautiful verse in Philippians 'being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.' He's got this dream of yours, remember it was His plan before it was yours and it was created by the Almighty! It will not return void and he will see it to completion :)

    Now if I can just trust those beautiful promises myself - easier said then done hey? Let's go friend - keep dreaming big! Keep believing! Most importantly remember that you are in that city for 'such a time as this' :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...