Sunday 12 October 2014

Love from NYC :: Just love.

Bonour! I hope you guys are well :) I'm sending you oodles of love from NYC today. What have you been up to this weekend? I was blessed to be able to serve at the New York City Rescue Mission with my dear friends on Saturday afternoon. Wow. What phenomenal people they are both working and attending there. My beautiful friend Jen asked me, and immediately I said yes. It was such wonderful to be able to serve this community in any way I could. Here we are ready to help!
I even had a little singalong with Antoine, (one of the incredible guys responsible for putting everything together) which was so special and fun. Singing along with him as he sang 'Lean on Me' and 'Stand By Me' and 'Amazing Grace'... my heart was almost bursting at the seams! What a wonderful surprise. We really have such a wonderful privilege to love and serve others don't we. You and me, we have soooo much love to give. And you know what, even if we gave all the love we thought we had in us, there would still be so much more left over. :)

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God... My dear, dear friends, if God loved us like this, we certainly ought to love each other. No one has seen God, ever. But if we love one another, God dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us—perfect love. 
(1 John 4)


You don't even need to necessarily go to a rescue mission, even helping someone across the street or smiling as you pass them releases such life-changing love. Sometimes I think we are afraid to be friendly. What are we afraid of? Rejection? People are getting angry at us? Well you know what, if someone says they don't need our help, that's okay. Even in your trying you have released God's love on them anyway :) But honestly, every time I have tried it here in New York, offering a (very out of place and extreeeeemely random ha ha) smile on the subway, or stepping out to help someone, it's been such a beautiful experience. :) I pray you know you are are blessed today with the encouragement and boldness to love extravagantly! 
This is a little pic of me at Lincoln Centre the other day where I was privileged to witness Artist-in Residence, Lisa Batiashvili, rehearsing Brahms. Ah... be still my beating heart! 

So my friend, what are you dreaming for this week? Have you written it down? Well... if you haven't, write it down and I will agree with you in faith and we will believe it together! Have a great day...

Love you guys :)

Nat xo

Image 2 - Jen Ramos
Image 1,3 - Natalie Box



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...