Monday 21 May 2012

From shadows to sunshine..


The sun is shining gloriously this morning in Melbourne. I just got back from my walk/run (well I guess the fact that I ran about 200m of the 5km would classify it as more of a 'walk'.. hmm..) Anyway, situated right near my house is beautiful Braeside Park. 750 acres of wilderness nestled smack bang in the middle of suburbia. It's such a treasure.

The photo above was taken just before sitting down at my desk this morning. I've noticed the sun is much lower in the sky recently, meaning there is less morning sun streaming through my normally 'light-flooded' apartment. Even now as I write, the sun has completely gone from my desk. So sad! As with every new season, there are things we don't like, or that we wish wouldn't change. But as we purposely look for joy among the shadows, we will ALWAYS find something good to be thankful for.



Now I'm at the end of this post and I can't help but chuckle. The sun has passed the shadow-causing-pillar and is now warmly creeping up my arm. I've just repositioned a few things and moved my desk so it's in the sun again. :) This seems like a simple analogy, but I am reminded again to be thankful always. As we open our eyes, reposition ourselves and elevate our thinking, we are able to see the bigger picture and embrace the new season with great anticipation.

You're going to have a great week!

nat x

Images - Natalie Box

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...