Thursday 24 July 2014

Fear is still (and will always, always be) a liar.

Fear is so silly don't you think? Well I mean, when we're affected by it's sneaky discouragement, illusive intimidation and overwhelming anxiety, okay let's be honest it feels more 'in-your-face-dangerous' than 'silly'; but that moment we realise just how pathetic and obviously untruthful it is, bah-bye... fear's power goes right out the window. 

A few days ago fear did it's best to try to take me down. After two amazing weeks in the UK and Paris for my dear friends' wedding  (yes stay tuned for wedding, London and Paris posts to come!) I arrived back in Melbourne, and after sleeping eleven hours, I woke on Monday morning feeling completely discouraged and full of fear. You see, it wasn't just the 'PHB's (aka Post Holiday Blues), it was a million teeny tiny thoughts buzzing through my mind all to do with the leap of faith I am about to take next Friday. 
In just over a week I am jumping on a plane to lead a team of twenty wonderful new friends around Canada and Alaska for four weeks. Now this isn't the thing that made me nervous (although the thought of that might scare some people) but not me! No no no... I am 'super-duper-beside-myself-squealing-with-excitement' thrilled about this adventure I am blessed to go on. So what is it that might be trying so hard to intimidate me you ask? Well, it's what I'm doing after the tour that's causing quite a few butterflies to be fluttering around in my tummy...
At the end of August I am going to New York for two months to finish writing my book. Yep, I am doing it. Six chapters of "Anything Can Happen" are written, with five to go, (plus editing) and I have been dreaming of this, talking about this, praying about this, imagining doing this, for months now. And now the time has actually come. But on Monday morning, I wasn't so excited. Those evil thoughts that mask themselves as friends, (but actually just want to bring you down) you know the ones... What the heck are you doing? How are you going to make this work? Are you crazy? No one else is doing this! What if you fail?... Well they came at me with their best shot, they tried their hardest to score the winning goal, but in the end... they lost. Sor-reeee. The moment that fear came in, I prayed. The moment I prayed, God stepped in. And God always wins.
Nothing can stop God's plans for our life. Our Dad in heaven placed things in our hearts long before we were even born (Psalm 139:16). And along with every dream he gave us the courage, boldness and power we need to run after it. 

"I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind"

There is no fear in love. And we are sooooo loved by him. Do you know how much you are loved?! All of heaven is applauding you right now. You are precious and special and you have amazing gifts and abilities. I believe that every one of you reading these very words, whether it's the 24th of July 2014 or many years down the track, you my friend have something amazing in you and I am cheering you on as you journey to see it released!

This life is short friends. We only get one shot at it. What have we got to lose? We have to just go for it! My passion is to stir people to dream and be released and flourishing in everything they have been created to be. THAT is why I am going to New York to finish the remaining 5 chapters of "Anything Can Happen", because I truly, truly believe it's going to encourage lots people. So hand in hand with my God, off I go.
Back in 2012 I posted this blog... it was true then, and it's still true now...
So today is the day for YOU to take a risk. What's it going to be? Something you have been thinking about for a while maybe? Just go for it! What have you got to lose?!

Love you guys lots... always cheering you on.

Nat xoxo

Images 1, 2 + 4 - Nat Box 
Images 3 + 5 - Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...