Thursday 16 January 2014

Excuse me? Did you know you're amazing?

Every January, I like to spend a few days hanging out with God and just chatting to him about the year ahead. Depending on the season of my life, a particular scripture will stand out to me, and kind of be the foundation for my year. Last year the theme was "surprises and adventure", based around Ephesians 3:20 ~ and I think I can safely say that came to pass! :) This year I am continuing to declare crazy surprises over my life, but I also strongly felt Romans 12:2 was to be very significant for me this year. 
Many of us know this bible verse well, including me... however I believe now, more than ever before, I need to truly get this revelation and live it. I love the Message translation - "Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it." HOW good is that? So what does it mean for you and me? Simple. 
And....
I saw this last year on instagram and I immediately loved it. How TRUE is it?! We don't mean it, but we get so caught up in what other people are doing, who's doing what, how amazing they are, this person's doing that, oh my goodness look at them... and we miss just how INCREDIBLE we are! Even when it comes to stages in life, we are all running our own race; different seasons, different phases, different pages of totally different stories... and yet we still find ourselves looking at each other and comparing two completely different lives! It sounds ridiculous when I actually say it, but it's true. And it steals our joy.
 Do you know what I do?
No way. How boring!
It's time to step out guys. Courage and boldness are available for us to access... all we have to do is DREAM BIG and just do what's in our heart! It's easy! And I am here cheering you all on, and you're all here cheering each other on, so guess what, we're actually going to do it! So let me challenge you.... :)
So dream my friends, because literally, ANYTHING can happen. When you dream, you imagine. When you imagine, it becomes real in your mind. When it becomes real in your mind, you see it. And when you see it, it happens.

Your task for today is to set aside fifteen minutes to just DREAM... :)

I'll be praying for you!

love nat x

Images - Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...